Sunday, September 3, 2023

Catching the Gott

 It turned out to be a busy boat day.  I thought I was going to just catch the Sykes and head home.  That was before I looked at Marine Traffic and saw what was coming.  There was still quite a bit.

Next up was the Edwin H. Gott.
She was coming down from either Duluth or Two Harbors.
She was heading to Nanticoke.
Which means she was likely carrying taconite.
The first bow shot.  I like this one well enough but the second one seems cooler.
She makes the turn for the channel.
She catches a wave.
And is probably on top of the world.
The second bow shot.  I like this one better because it fills the frame.
She makes the turn.
One more shot with my camera.
And then I went to my drone.
I went to the other side to catch the better light.
I love this shot.   The ship looks like she goes on forever.
A beam shot.
And she continues on.


No comments: