Sunday, September 3, 2023

The Wilfred Sykes Passes the St. Clair River

As I was looking at Marine Traffic Friday night, I saw that the Sykes was leaving Cleveland.  I didn't think I was going to catch her because I thought I was going to the air show with my dad yesterday.  He contacted me and said he couldn't go (we ended up going today).  So I had my chance to catch her.

I knew that I wouldn't be able to catch her in Detroit but I figured I would be able to catch her in Marysville, so I headed up there first.
the sun was pretty good and almost at the right angle.  Especially with a dark sky in the background.
There is a chance to catch a bow shot here but she is still far out.
But I think I like angle better.
Especially with this light.
One more with my regular camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
I've discovered that I like the lower angle shots better.
She passes by.
One more shot.
And then she passed.
She continues up the river.
So I headed up to Port Huron next.
I like the angles better.
She was coming up from Cleveland.
She was heading to Drummond Island (and then Calcite).  That meant I was likely to see her again.
And sure enough, as I checked Marine Traffic, that was confirmed.
She will be loaded this time.
I prefer loaded to unloaded.
One more shot with my camera.
and I switched to my drone again.
she passes the bridge, if you look closely, you can see the next ship.
I like this shot.
One more shot before moving to the next ship.
 

No comments: