Sunday, September 3, 2023

The American Spirit at Port Huron

 Next up was a ship that was fueling in Detroit.

As I was looking at the Sykes, I saw that the American Spirit was refueling in Detroit.
She just left Cleveland after stopping at the bulk terminal there.
I think that means she was carrying taconite.
The 1000 footers will take taconite down to Cleveland to load the bulk terminal.
Smaller ships will take it up the Cuyahoga River because they can do that.
The American Spirit is heading for Two Harbors next.
That means she will be picking up taconite again.
But I'm not sure I'll be able to see her.
And then I switched to my drone.
I think the 1000 footers look cool from the drone.
Sadly, my controller was running low on power, so I brought the drone back.  I didn't want to find out what would happen if I lost power from the controller.


No comments: