Friday, November 17, 2023

The Newest Ship on the Great Lakes

 This ship is the other reason I headed up to Port Huron.

The Northern Venture is the newest ship to set foot on the Great Lakes.
But she is not a new build.  She was originally built in 1998.
When she was acquired by McKeil Marine, the boom was added to her.
She's kind of a cool looking ship.
She has actually been on the Lakes for a couple of weeks but this is the first time that I was able to catch her.
Amazingly, she has already been to Grand Haven.
I think in this series of pictures, she is on her way to Cleveland.
She has a load of stone.
She makes the turn for the channel.
The light was still pretty good.
She is under the bridge.
Almost a bow shot.
the bow shot.
She turns for the other part of the channel.
The light hitting her just right.
She still looks pretty nice.
Again, I switched to my drone.
I got a higher shot so that I could see more of her deck.
This is an interesting looking boom.
The beam shot.
She continues down the river.
One more shot.


No comments: