Friday, November 17, 2023

The Oldest Freighter on the Great Lakes

 The next ship is another that I've wanted to catch.

I've caught the Alpena a few times recently but it has been after she has docked.
I wanted to catch her in action.  Since she was following the Tregurtha fairly closely, I had the chance for that.
It was a nice day for it too.
She gives the first of two bow shots.
She was heading down from Alpena.
She was heading to Detroit.
There she would unload cement.
I don't think it was a split load this time.
As she was back to Alpena where she picked up a load of cement for Green Bay.
She's been pretty busy this season.
The second bow shot.
She makes the turn for the rest of the channel.
the lighting was great.
One more shot of her with my camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
I think there were other folks using drones because I think I got a shot of one in one of my pictures.
This is probably my favorite.
Closer to a beam shot.
A better beam shot.
She continues on her way.
A nice stern shot.
One more.
After catching the next, ship I headed down to Algonac to catch the Alpena again.
I was actually hoping to catch the Tregurtha but she had already passed.
I was getting her in the sunset light.
There was still some fall color in the background.
One more shot with my normal camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
I like this shot.
And I like this one better.
She continues down the river.
She approaches another ship.
An almost passing shot.
And the passing shot.


No comments: