Saturday, August 1, 2009

Huntington Beach, California

Huntington Beach was founded in 1909. The largest industry at the them was various bits of agriculture. There is also some oil. Because of the waves around it, it is a pretty big surfing destination.

As I said, surfing is pretty big around Huntington Beach. I found out there was a surfing tournament the weekend before I was there. I wish I had known.

Even though this picture is pretty blurry, I actually like it because it conveys a sense of motion.

This is part of the main section of town. There are beach volleyball courts set up. A bunch of places to go shopping and eat.

This is a palm tree on Main Street.

This is a restaurant called Wahoo's Fish Tacos. The restaurant was founded in 1988 as lighter fare food. It is a really good. This is what I had dinner that night, a banzai burrito (fish, vegetables), a fish taco (fish, cabbage and salsa), beans and rice. It was really good.

No comments: