Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Deer in the Arboretum

I kind of figured there would be deer in the Arboretum. It's big and secluded enough that they could get along. It is also protected, so they don't have to worry about being placed on someone's wall. I just never saw them before...until tonight.
There was a pair of fawns and the mother deer. Unfortunately, they were staying fairly concealed, so not the greatest shot.
The mother came out a little more into the open.
And even more into the open. At this point I was surprised she stuck around because I kept getting closer to her.
It's not like she didn't see me.
For this shot, I was probably about 10 feet away.
I think this one is my favorite though.

1 comment:

Ben Connor Barrie said...

The deer in the Arb seem to be really unconcerned with people. It makes for some pretty great close up nature watching. Great pictures.