Sunday, September 25, 2011

On the Bridge

Normally, I don't get a chance to take pictures of the Bridge while crossing because I am usually the one doing the driving. Yesterday, my mom was driving across the Bridge so I had the opportunity take pictures.
As you approach the first tower. You can't tell from this picture, but there is a slight incline. As you get between the towers, there is more of an incline.
As we were a little closer to the second tower. I kind of like this shot because the second tower is framed by the first. I wish we were more towards the center though so the second tower isn't quite as obscured but oh well. I think this might be a reason I will want to walk the Bridge next year.
I was trying to get a shot looking up at the tower but it was difficult since my mom doesn't have a convertible. I still kind of like the shot though.
Another attempt.
The tolls booths as you enter the Upper Pennisula. The bonds on the Bridge were paid for a while ago, so now the tolls are used for Bridge Maintenance and other things.

No comments: