Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Proper Night Pictures

These are the proper pictures of the Mackinac Bridge at night. I really like night photography because you can get some pretty neat effects. For these pictures I had the camera on manual mode because I don't like the normal settings on the camera.
I took this picture using the settings that the camera recommended. It is not too bad of a picture but the towers are a little dark.
So for this shot, I lengthened the exposure time. One of the secrets to decent night shots is to either have a tripod or something sturdy to set your camera on. If you don't have a tripod, it is best if you set the timer on your camera so that you are not touching it during the picture. Any movement will show up in the picture.
I don't think I've taken night pictures of this angle. I kind of like the look though.



These are just different settings on the camera. Each one had a different exposure time.

And I pulled back the zoom to get the full length of the Bridge.
I hope you guys liked this.

No comments: