Friday, January 6, 2012

The Eastern Michigan College of Business

llIt was a nice day outside today.  I think it might have reached the low 50's today.  So I decided to take the afternoon off and do a walking tour of Eastern Michigan.  But first I decided to stop in downtown Ypsilanti for some lunch at Abe's Coney Island.
 After lunch, I decided to take some pictures of Eastern's College of Business.  It is located Downtown and is a couple miles from the main campus.
Construction began in 1988 and was completed in 1990.  I actually remember while they were building this because I lived a couple blocks down around the time they finished it.  It was named after Gary Owen who was a speaker of the house.
EMU was the first business college to hold an ethos week.  The building is an example of Michigan Modern Architecture.

No comments: