Monday, March 12, 2012

It Was a Day for the Ducks....

It pretty much rained all day, so it seemed like a good day to go to Gallup Park and spend some time with the ducks.  Fortunately, there was a break in the weather as I got out of work, so I was able to do this.
No, this is a goose not a duck.  So that wont do.  Well I do think he is pretty cool though.
This is a duck though.  Mallard to be precise.
This isn't a duck either.  He thought I was trying to muscle in on his turf though.
The duck laughs.  Or he's saying, "Rabbit season".
Another type of Goose.  This one doesn't come from Canada though.
I think I see this swan all the time.  I'm not sure he was happy with my presence though.  But given where his beak in relation to things, discretion is the better part of valor.
Another shot of the swan.
Another one of those swans from Canada.  I wish I would have caught the shot but one of them was trying to chase other geese away.
We have lots of these guys.
Another shot of the swan.  He was basically just swimming around.
This is probably my favorite angle for a swan.
Not quite 4 and 20 blackbirds.  But I guess one will do.
Although I think this one is a more proper blackbird.  But in the right light, he looks like a green bird.

All I can say is that shipping season can't start soon enough for me.

No comments: