Friday, March 9, 2012

Upcoming Adventures

I was thinking about going to Gallup Park tonight but with the way the wind was blowing, I decided against that.  Consequently, I don't have a photo post for tonight.  So instead, I'll give some insight into some of my plans for later in the year.

I got bit by the boatwatching bug pretty hard this year and with the winter lay ups, I am definately missing it.  Consequently, when I found out that the Soo Locks open at 12:01A.M. on March 25, I decided that I wanted to go up there.

I think for Easter weekend, my mom and I are going to head out east somewhere.  Not sure where yet though.

Either in late May or early June, I'm going to take a train trip again.  I think this year is going to entail another trip on the Empire Builder.  I don't think I want to do the whole loop again though.

Later in the summer, I'm going to try to make it up to Duluth.  Based on what I've seen, there is serious boatwatching up there.

And who knows what the rest of the year will bring me.

2 comments:

Matthew B. Gordon said...

I took the Empire Builder out to Seattle a few years ago - a 44 hour trip one way. I have to say, it never got old or boring. The only thing that sucks is that you go through the mountains mostly at night, so you miss a lot. You can see Whitefish Montana just as the sun is going down, and I remember it being one of the best sunsets I'd ever seen. People need to take the train more...

Isaac said...

Have fun on your travels... I'll be in Erie, PA in about a week, and will be scouting Eastern Ontario and the Upper Peninsula during summer.