Thursday, June 27, 2013

Kaye E. Barker Passes Belle Isle

I took today and tomorrow off because I thought I was going to be heading up to Engineer's Day at the Soo. As I was taking these pictures, I didn't think I was going to head up.  Well, I'm posting this from Mackinaw City right now.   But enough about that....first here's Kaye E. Barker.
 It seems like she is becoming a frequent visitor to this blog.  Ever since I caught a picture of her after she got her new engines, she's been on here a few times.
 She is a beautiful boat at any rate.  I wish she were still a steamer but new engines gives her a longer life I think.
 One nice thing about my new lens is that I have a better shot of getting my full beam shots.
 One more for good measure.
 And she starts to head downriver.  I think she was heading to the Rouge River and I was thinking of catching her there.
 A shot of her stack.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
And a last shot before she moved out of view.

No comments: