Sunday, June 30, 2013

Michipicoten Passes Belle Isle

Kaye Barker was the bonus boat.  It was the Michipicoten that I was interested in.  I love her name and I think she's a pretty cool looking boat to boot.
 Here she makes her way down Lake St. Clair.  As you can see it was a pretty hazy day, but I think that makes for cool boat pictures.
 She starts to come into view.  I love the lines of the older ships.
 She comes more into view.
 Slowly she makes her turn for the Detroit River.  This gives an opportunity for a decent headshot.
 And then she presents the three quarters view as she approaches closer.
 Giving an opportunity for a shot of her pilothouse.
 And a closer shot of her pilothouse.
 And then she starts to pass by.
 Giving a nice glimpse of her profile.  I think she has a lovely profile.
 I kind of liked the way the sky looked...although I think I may have overdone the post-processing.
 And she passes by.
 Heading past the trees.
One more shot through the trees.  This also gives you another glimpse of Belle Isle.

No comments: