Sunday, February 18, 2018

So Happy....

Normally I don't go out to catch just one ship but with it being during the normally closed season, I'll take what I can get.  Especially when I considered that I missed many of the cool shots while I was in the hospital.
 I actually wasn't sure if I was going to go boatwatching.  I saw potential of two ships moving today.  The Algosteel is currently stopped west of the Mackinac Bridge and I saw AlgoCanada passing downbound.  She was doing around 15 knots, so I didn't think I was going to catch her.
 I was ready to give up on boatwatching today until I saw that the Algowood was heading back to Sarnia from Detroit.  I figured she would be reaching the St. Clair River at about the right time.  So I started at St. Clair.  It looks like they are doing work on the boardwalk, so I couldn't quite get the pictures I was looking for.
 Then I headed up to Marysville.  I was happier with the pictures I got from there. 
 And the light was hitting her just right.  I never noticed the tires on the side before.  I think they help prevent damage while docked.
 I kind of thought the ice sheets were cool.
 She passes Marysville.
 I headed to a little park they have in Port Huron to finish my day.  It was pretty cool.
A beam shot.

No comments: