Wednesday, July 24, 2019

And the Denis Sullivan

I wasn't sure if I would catch this ship or not.  It was getting dark and she was moving pretty slow.  I was hungry, so I grabbed some dinner after the Algoma Harvester.  I decided to eat dinner along the river and I'm glad I did.
 As I got back to the park, I noticed she was making her way up the River.  She was moving pretty slowly at this point.
 She is a replica of a three masted schooner and was designed to resemble the cargo schooners that used to sail on the Great Lakes.
 Above the waterline, she could easily pass for one of those schooners.  She has a deeper hull and heavier keel than the old schooners.  This was so she could pass modern Coast Guard specifications.
 She is based out of Milwaukee and serves as the flagship of Wisconsin and the United Nations Environment programme.
 She is 137 feet long and 24 feet wide.
 She is a pretty nice looking ship.
 A beam shot.
And she continues to Lake Huron.

No comments: