Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Yankee Air Force - Wings and Wheels

So on June 23, the Yankee Air Force held what they call Wings and Wheels.  I actually think this is the second time they did this.  Basically they assemble a bunch of old planes and old cars.  I wasn't sure I would be interested in it until I saw a handful of planes fly over my apartment.  They didn't have much flying when I got there but it was still pretty neat.
 A TBM Avenger.  They had another one of these but I didn't get great pictures of it.
 A B-25 Mitchell bomber.
 A Catalina flying boat.
 The Yankee Lady coming in for a landing with an old Bell Helicopter behind her.
 She moves forward a little bit.
 the side view of the PBY.
 Another angle.
 It was hard getting clean shots but this one came pretty close.
 A Bell Helicopter made famous by MASH.
 I think this is an AT-6 Texan.
 I'm not sure what this plane it.
 A close up of the Yankee Lady's cockpit.
 the EC-121.
 They let me get a little closer to the Yankee Lady.  That was pretty cool because I usually can't get clean shots like this.
 The nose art.
 Another shot of the helicopter.
 I tried to slow the shutter speed down to get some blur in the rotors.
 It comes in for a landing.
 Another shot.
 the Yankee Lady taking another group of people out.
 She taxis bye.  Unfortunately, it was a pretty hot day and I couldn't get shots as it took off.
 A P-51 in front of the tower.
 They repainted their C-47 to look like a plane from the Burma theatre.  While I liked the old pattern better, this one is pretty cool.
 An old 737.
 A DC-9.
 A Piper Cub.
 The Yankee Lady coming back in.
 I think this is a Grumman Goose.
A Stearman PT-17.

No comments: