Friday, July 12, 2019

Catching the Pa Barker

Sadly, my vacation was nearing its end.  The day was starting to turn to night but I still had a couple of ships left for the day.
 The James Barker was making her way upbound.  Earlier in the day, she was on Lake Michigan as she was returning from one of the ports near Gary.
 Presumably she was carrying taconite.  I think she was going up to Duluth to pick up more.
 It's also possible that she was heading to Superior for coal.
 I'm glad it was a fairly nice weekend though.
 Unfortunately, I couldn't get a beam shot here.
 The shot to give you an idea of her 1000 feet.
 Some of the crew coming out to wave to the assembled boatnerds.  I know that many of the folks that work on these ships don't understand the love for their ships but they do like to play it up, I think.
And she continues up the river.

No comments: