Thursday, October 8, 2020

A T-33 From the Air

 On Sunday, I went up to Bay City.  I was hoping that I could get some pictures from the air but it was raining at the time I got there and I don't really want to learn about the capabilities of my drone in the rain.  So then I decided to take M-47 to M-46 to M-52 to head home.  On the suggestion of my mother, I kept heading west from M-52.  By then the rain had stopped and I watch itching to take some pictures with my drone.

As I was heading west from where M-52 meets up with M-46,  I remembered that there was at least one gate guardian I could get a picture of.
I've tried to take pictures of this plane from the ground but the angles didn't quite work and it doesn't help that the plane is not in the best of condition.  Any, I was fairly happy with the first angle but I really liked this angle.
So I took the drone a little higher.
And moved it around for different angles.
Probably of the pictures I took, this was my favorite.
Anyway, the T-33 was developed as trainer version of the P-80 Shooting Star.  As more jets entered the inventory, the Air Force needed a way to train jet pilots.  The T-33 was lengthened so they could add a spot for the instructor.  As the Air Force developed more advanced training aircraft, the T-33 was relegated to target towing duties and eventually became a remote controlled target.

There are actually quite a few of these on display around the world.

No comments: