Sunday, October 25, 2020

Next Up, the Manitowoc

 It was about an hour for the next ship.  My grouping of ships wasn't as bunched together like they sometimes are.

I think the Manitowoc was heading down from one of the stone ports but I don't remember which one.
For that you have Cedarville, Port Dolemite, Drummond Island, Port Inland, Calcite and Stoneport.  
I thought she was headed to Cleveland but when I looked at AIS tonight, she is at Marblehead.
However Marblehead is close enough that she could have gone to Cleveland, dropped off her load of stone and went over to Marblehead to pick up another load of stone.
I'm not sure what the difference between Michigan and Ohio stone is but I'm sure there is.
Anyway, it was nice to see her.  For some reason, she reminds me of a warship.
I think it's her pilothouse.
You can see a hint of fall in the background.
So then I switched the drone.
This time, I tried a slightly lower angle.
I kind of like this shot.
The almost beam shot.
And she continues on her way.


No comments: