Friday, March 29, 2024

Finally Gott a Ship for the New Season

 The shipping season officially opened with the opening of both locks on March 22nd.  I was hoping that I would catch some ships that weekend but the weather was kind of wonky and the ships were even wonkier.  I had the day off yesterday but I had a Doctor's appointment in the morning but I saw that I could catch a ship later in they.

So my first ship of the new season is the Edwin H. Gott.
She is one of the thousand footers on the Great Lakes.
She was heading down from Two Harbors which is roughly an hour northeast of Duluth along the Lake Superior shore.
As such, I'm pretty sure that she had a load of iron ore (that weighed way more than 26,000 tons or more).
She was heading to Conneaut, Ohio with that load of iron ore.  
From Conneaut, that load will head over to Pittsburgh where it will become steel.
Here she is being visited by the M.S. Westcott.  I'm not sure why they aren't using the other one, I think they may still have her in layup.
The lighting was pretty good for this one.
I like the look of the clouds too.
She passes Windsor.
And apporoaches the Bridge.
The Ambassador Bridge comes into view.
Lining the tower with the front of the ship.
The tower amidships.
She's about to pass the Bridge.
The bridge passed.
She continues on her way to Conneaut.


No comments: