Saturday, March 9, 2024

Searching for the Willow Run Owl

 I heard that there was a snowy owl hanging around at Willow Run.  Actually, I saw pictures of it.  Well at first, they were labeled as "Wayne County" and eventually someone spilled the beans.  I went looked around the other night.  I didn't see the owl then but I figured I would try again.

Before going to the spot for the owl, I thought I would get some pictures of the B-52 that is parked in front of the new Yankee Air Force hangar.
I think they have been trying to restore it but I also think it is when they have time and money project.
It still looks pretty cool.  I would like to get a picture in front of it like an older picture of me.
A closeup of the nose.
A closer view of the cockpit.
Pulled out.
A different angle for the cockpit.
A closeup of the engine.
I kind of went wandering around the airport.  There were a couple of ponds that were enough for ducks to swim around.
And I kind of like this shot.
Close to the area where the snowy owl supposedly hangs out, I saw this guy.
It is a red tailed hawk.
I figured since I wasn't going to get any owl pictures, I might as well take a few of him.
He landed for a little bit.
And then he was back up in the air.
Another shot of him gliding.
And one more of the hawk before heading off.


No comments: