Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Who Owns the Night?

I saw a post on Facebook that the Ohio Air National Guard unit was doing night flying this week.  I was thinking of going Monday night but the spring ahead took a toll on me.  Then I was thinking I'd go last night but I was kept at work for a while, so that was out.  I figured I didn't want to miss it tonight.

I went to the spot I went last time.  I saw this plane start to taxi out, so I figured it wouldn't be long before it took off.  It was Cessna 310 that was heading up to Grand Rapids.
Shortly after that plane took off, I saw a couple other people with cameras head up closer to the fence, so I figured that the F-16s would be soon.  I was not disappointed.  I thought it was pretty cool that they took off on afterburners.  It was getting dark enough that I could see it.
That plane was followed by another.  Both were pretty loud which is why I assume they warn people they are doing this.
Next up was an Allegiant A320 on it's way to Punta Gorda.
The moon looked pretty cool.
This is a Beech F33A heading somewhere.
Then there was another group of F16s that took off.  Even though this picture is blurry, I kind of like it.
This one turned off the afterburners shortly after passing by.
Another one coming out.
And another.
And turns off to the south.  I'm not sure where they head after this but it was pretty cool to catch them.

I will have to remember this next month.

 


No comments: