Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Jana Desgagnes

As it turns out, I was able to make it to Downtown Detroit.  I still wasn't sure if I would be able to get any ship pictures as it looked like many of the ships had already passed by Detroit.  But I went down to Riverside Park anyway and as I looked upriver, I saw a ship.
Turns out the ship was the Jana Desgagnes which is a tanker operated by  Desgagnes Tankers out of Canada.   I think I've taken pictures of other tankers operated by this group.
I don't have any details on her construction but she is 405 feet long and can carry 10,511 tons of cargo.
Here she is set against the Ambassador Bridge.
Just as she is passing by.  I tried to get a more detailed shot of the superstructure.
Here she is heading downriver.  I kind of liked the sunsetting sky in the background.

No comments: