Tuesday, November 1, 2011

On the Way to De Tour Village

After taking some pictures at the Bridge, I crossed it and headed north on I-75 towards M-134.  This is the highway that would take me to De Tour Village.  I had never been there before, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  For the most part, it looked like much of the rest of the Upper Peninsula in that part of the state.  There were a couple of turnoffs but I didn't stop at those.
I did finally stop at one that had a nice rocky beach.  I kind of liked the rock formations.

I kind of wish I knew what kind of rock this was, as it looked pretty neat.

A shot of one of the inlets there.
I kind of liked the look of the rocky beach.
These rocks looked almost like they were covered with oil.
A nice layered rock.
Looking out towards Lake Huron.
This would be M-134.  It starts at I-75 about 20 miles north of St. Ignace and continues on to De Tour Village.  It technically extends to Drummond Island as the Drummond Island Ferry.

No comments: