Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Algosoo Again

So I decided to head down to the Detroit River today.  It was a pretty nice day and with the grounding of the Paul R. Tregurtha up near the Soo and the subsequent backup after that, it meant  that today would be a pretty hopping time on the River.
 First up for my viewing pleasure was the Algosoo.  She's appeared on this blog in the past but I was hoping to get some angles I didn't get that time.
 At anyrate, I think she is a pretty cool looking ship.
 She doesn't look too worse for wear.  She also got caught up by the followup events from the Paul R. Tregurtha.  When the Paul R. Tregurtha ran aground, a sort of a shoal was created.  This was somewhat cleared up but apparently Algosoo caught part of it and may have damaged herself.  But she's down here, so I guess she's fine.
 A shot of her pilothouse. 
 An almost straight across shot.  I didn't quite get that one last time.
 And the straight on shot.
 A not quite so closeup of her pilothouse.
 The Algobear getting a little dirty.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.
 And her Algostack.
 Another shot of her deckhouse.
 A shot of her pilothouse as she starts to peel away.
 A full shot as she peels away.
 Pulled back a little to get some more of the background.
A shot of her and my next ship.

No comments: