Thursday, November 15, 2018

Catching Up to the Blough

I was up at the Troy office today so I was keeping an eye on both the weather and Marine Traffic.  Occasionally timing will work out that I get to catch a ship or two on the way home.
 I saw that the Blough was heading upbound but I didn't think I would catch her and then I saw that she was stopping in Detroit.
 She was still stopped when I left the office, so I decided to make a detour through Detroit.
 I actually thought she was stopping for fuel at the fuel dock but she was stopped in the Belle Isle anchorage where she was taking on fuel.  The fuel docks may have been full.  At any rate, this worked out better for me because it would have been dark by the time she left.
 It gave me a chance to get some different angles.
 Then I decided to head over to Belle Isle to try and get some head shots.
 Except I couldn't quite get the right angle to do it.  I think I had to be in Windsor to get the angle I wanted.
 IT was a little on the cold side but I'm happy to get my shots of the Blough.
The best I could do for a close to head on shot.

No comments: