Sunday, August 2, 2020

And the Algoma Conveyer

The next ship up is the Algoma Conveyor.
She's one of the Chinese builds that I actually like but only because her name reminds me of the Atlantic Conveyor.  One of these days, I will have to make a post about her.
I think she was coming down from Goderich which I think means that she was hauling salt.
I'm not sure where she was heading though.  I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in Ohio though.
It was a pretty windy day and that made for some nice waves.
the almost bow shot.
She makes a turn for the next part of the Detroit River.
Another shot with some bow wave action.  These ships seems to cut through the water a little differently than the other ships.
I really like this wave shot.
Same with this one.
She passes by Downtown Windsor.  The Caesar's Palace building towering over everything.
I think when things settle down again, I'll have to head back over to Canada again.
She starts to pass under the bridge.  Although I don't think she's actually under it at this point.
A little more of the Bridge.
Even though regular travel is shut down between Canada and the US, commerce is still flowing.  You can see a ton of trucks over the bridge.
And now I think she is actually under the Bridge.
And I think at this point, she is passed the bridge.
She continues down the River.  Like I said, I wasn't sure where she was heading.
She moves past the Windsor Cement docks.  I think the last time I saw someone was the Stephen A. Roman and that was a while ago.
She passes the Windsor stone docks.
A think at this point she is in line with Mistersky Fuel Docks.
And one more picture before moving on to my next subject.

No comments: