Saturday, January 16, 2021

A Brief Stop at Durand

 While I have been remiss at updating my blog, I haven't been terribly remiss at taking pictures.  I haven't minded taking pictures but I haven't really felt like posting lately.  I was going to try to get pictures of ships last Saturday but I missed my window.  I wanted to get pictures of something, so I decided to head up to Durand.  The weather in the morning wasn't terribly cooperative and that was part of the reason.

There wasn't much wind, so I decided to bring my drone up too.  It was kind of cool to get the drone out although I wish I could have taken pictures of ships.  Oh well.
It wasn't long before I saw my first train.
It was a pretty nice day and the sun was shining.
Unfortunately, it gave nasty shadows for the drone.
Another angle of the station.
And then another train appeared.  The lighting was better for this one.
I really wish I know the different types.
It was carrying Auto Racks.  I think it was heading to the GM plant in Lansing.
Another angle, I kind of like this shot.
And one more.
This train kind of snuck up on me.  If you look in the window, you can see the train from the last shot.
But I did catch some drone shots of both.
Another one.
And the third train.
Some tractors.
I had some battery left, so I decided to take some pictures from around.
A GT caboose.
From slightly higher.
Another overall shot of the Durand station.


No comments: