Monday, January 11, 2021

And Then There Was the Oberstar

 So this is the ship I was hoping to catch.

She was heading down from Marquette with a load of taconite.
She was heading down to Dearborn with that load.
If I had headed up earlier, I could have caught her on the St. Clair but as it was, I like this better.
A pair of seagulls as she passes by.
I love the steam from the scrubbers, makes her look like a proper steamship.
I'm not sure how many times she makes this trip but I know it's fairly often.
If she's not heading to Dearborn, she will head to Cleveland or Sandusky.
If she heads to Cleveland, she has iron ore usually.  She will stop at the front of the river to lighten a bit before acting as a shuttle.
If she heads to Sandusky, she will carry stone.  Sometimes when she makes the run to Dearborn, she will continue to Sandusky where she will pick up stone there.
I like the reflections here too.
Just wish the river were just a little calmer.
But the wind makes for a nice look for the steam.
I was trying to get the beam shot.
I think this is the beam shot.
She continues down the river.
From this point, it is about two hours to Dearborn.
Getting close to a stern shot.

And one more before moving on.


No comments: