Monday, January 11, 2021

The Ojibway Passes By

 The next ship is the other ship that got me out to Port Huron.

The Ojibway is definitely one of my favorite ships mainly because of where she was built.
She was built at the Defoe Shipyard in Bay City, Michigan.
I think she was one of the last lakers built there.
The first head shot.
She makes the turn for the entrance.
She is a lovely ship.
If I recall, she was on her way to Windsor.
That means it was likely that she had a load of grain.
As I've said in other posts, grain traffic has been up this year.  I think it was up at least 20%.
That mostly offset the losses in the iron ore and coal trades.
I think the Canadian wheat fields have been particularly busy this year.
As a result, the Canadian owned grain ships have been pretty busy.
She makes the turn for the river.
If Windsor, that makes it about 7 hours to her destination.
Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
She cuts a nice profile.
I like the profile of the straight deckers.  Those are the ships without the unloading booms.
It was still a nice sunny day.
A shot of her pilothouse.
And her deckhouse.
An almost stern shot.
One more shot before leaving.


No comments: