Saturday, April 13, 2024

A Nice Afternoon at the Aluminum Aviary

 I had a pretty busy week this week, so I wasn't feeling particularly motivated to go anywhere.  I had to do something though, so I looked at what was coming into the airport and saw that I would have a pretty interesting afternoon.

Those planes weren't coming in until later, so I had an opportunity mess around first.

First up was an A340.
I like the A340 because it reminds me of a 707 in a way because it has four engines.
I realize it is way more modern though.
This one was a Lufthansa flight coming in from Frankfurt, Germany.
Next up is my favorite plane.
It will be sad day for me when the 757 leaves the air.
I hope that's not for a while.
This particular one was coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
A Spirit Airlines A320 coming in from Fort Myers.
Followed by an A321 coming in from Orlando.
I like these planes too.
This was an A330 coming in from Amsterdam.
A United Airlines E175 coming in from O'Hare Airport in Chicago.  In the upper right hand corner is the next plane.
And the next plane is an American Airlines 737 coming in from Dallas.
A 737 coming in from Myrtle Beach.
And an A320 coming in from Palm Beach.
An American Airlines E175 coming in from Reagan International Airport in Washington DC.
A Cessna Citation and seagull.
This one was kind of a surprise for me.
An A321 coming in from Las Vegas.
And there was another 757.
This one was coming in from Tampa.
I love this plane.
One more shot.
A Spirit A320 coming in from the home of Coca Cola.
Another surprise for me.
This is a Gulfstream 650 coming in from Orlando.  As I type this post, it is on its way to Stuttgart.
I had to stick around for the last plane.  It is an A320neo belonging to Frontier Airlines.  The animal is Rocky the saw whet owl.  These owls are native to North America and mostly stick to the northern part.  They are not endangered and apparently there are some in Michigan.



No comments: