Sunday, April 21, 2024

The Reason for My Trip Today

And this is the main reason I went down to Detroit today.
I looked at Marine Traffic last night and I saw that the Sykes was coming down.
She was heading to Toledo and I believe that meant she had a load of iron ore.
I think it was 26,000 tons or more but don't quote me on that.  I don't really feel like looking it up right now anyway.
She was definitely loaded as she was riding low in the water.
She was coming down from Marquette.  And I didn't think I'd be able to get this shot in Detroit.  Usually this is further back.
She makes the turn for the rest of the channel.
And I like this angle.
I think she is becoming my favorite.
Especially since it doesn't look good for the Blough.
One more shot with my normal camera.
And then I switched to my drone.  It wasn't too windy when I was taking these pictures.
It's easier taking pictures of downbound ships since I don't have to worry about running into the bridge.
She is getting something from the Westcott.
I like this shot.
I love the blue color of the Detroit River.
The Westcott pulls away.
And heads back to her dock.
The Sykes continues on her way to Toledo.

No comments: