Saturday, April 13, 2024

A Total Eclipse (Well 99%) of the Sun

 I wasn't going to take any pictures of the eclipse on Monday but I ended up changing my mind.  I should have changed my mind about going somewhere.  

The closest place that had a 100% eclipse was probably Luna Pier in Michigan but I heard that was crazy.  I could have gone down to Toledo but I should have thought of that sooner.
It wasn't too bad here.  Ours was 99% which I thought would be close enough.
I didn't get to see the spot where the sun is blocked by the moon, so I didn't get to see the corona.
I'm not sure if the corona was something I would have seen with my not so naked eye anyway.
It was around here that I realized I was going to see about as much as I was going to see.
It was still amazing how bright the sun was at this point.  I guess that's why they said we should wear the glasses.
And the moon passing the other way.  So I leave you with this last shot.


No comments: