Wednesday, May 6, 2009

St. Joseph - Lighthouse

South of South Haven and near Benton Harbor is St. Joseph. It has a different style lighthouse (actually two of them). I think the one further out is used as a ranging light. We got there near sunset, so we just stayed through the sunset. Sadly, the light was right in line with the lighthouse, so some of the sky pictures look a little washed out.

This picture was taken just as we arrived. The sun was still up.

This was a little later. Because of where the sun was, I had to take most of these pictures in manual mode which was pretty fun because it gave me alot more control over the shot.

This one is just a little later. Note more oranges in the sky.

A little later still, the sun is getting near the horizon. Some oranges, reds and purples.

A shot of both lighthouses. I like this shot quite a bit too.

For some reason, I really like this shot. The silhouetted boat, the sun just a sliver, the palette of colors on the lake.

The sun is almost completely down. I had to bump up the ISO settings for this shot as I didn't bring my tripod.

No comments: