Monday, August 9, 2010

One Last Shot

And I leave you with one set of shots and a question. Which of the following shots do you like. For each I will give an explanation of what I was trying to accomplish.

This is from the south end of Belle Isle. There is a little flower garden and behind it is the view of the skyline that I like.

For this shot, I was trying to get the buildings in focus and the flowers out of focus.

For this one, I was trying to get the flowers in focus and the buildings out of focus.

For this one, I was trying to set my depth of field so that the flowers and buildings are in focus. Although I think it ended up that neither were in focus.

As I said, this was kind of an experiment on my part. One thing I've learned is that there are all sorts of things that you can try with a camera as you learn more about it. This is why I got an SLR camera in the first place.

3 comments:

Bigasshammm said...

If there was a way you could photoshop the first two together where both the flowers and the buildings were in focus that would look amazing.

Anonymous said...

I prefer the third.

Christopher List said...

Third