Monday, November 1, 2010

My New Fish...And the Old One

After years of having only one fish, I decided to get some new fish and an aquarium hood (I had problems with fish jumping out). They are now in my aquarium and I will probably get a few more. Of course I had to take pictures of them.

This is a Tiger Barb. The statue behind him is pretty cool. Might have to take some pictures of that sometime. Taking pictures of fish is kind of annoying as the aquarium light doesn't provide enough light and the flash wont work.

I don't remember what kind of fish this is. I think he is called a shark of some sort. I thought he looked pretty cool.

This is the fish I've had forever. I don't even remember when I got him but he soldiers on.

Another picture of that fish.

Another picture of the shark.
You go in the water? Yes.
Cage in the water? Yes
Shark's in the water....Our shark....

3 comments:

Christopher List said...

You got more fish! Yay! Before you know it, you'll have a dozen of them.

Matt said...

If you only got one Tiger Barb, I would suggest getting a few more. They are schooling fish and do best when in groups. I'm not sure what fish the "shark" is, because his color is a bit washed out in the picture. It might be because he's new to the aquarium. If you had a pic with a bit brighter colors, I might be able to ID him for you.

-Fellow MGoBlogger

Mikoyan said...

I ended up getting a few more barbs, three bala sharks and a plecosomus. I also moved my tank from a back room into the living room again and in the process changed the water out. As soon as things clear up again, I'll take some more pics. The tank was pretty dirty as it hadn't really been cleaned in a few years.