Monday, February 11, 2013

Back at the Mackinac Bridge

So I was back in the Upper Peninsula this weekend.  A friend of mine wanted to get winter shots of Tahquamenon Falls and I was kind of waffling if I wanted to go.  In the end, I decided to go, and I'm glad I did.
 We were a little pressed for time, but did make a stop at the park on the Mackinaw side of the Bridge.  I think I like the views from this side better anyway.  Tried to get the Bridge with the lighthouse.
 Just a shot of the lighthouse.
 And the tower.
 Looking at the lighthouse from an odd angle.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get the shot from the front.
 The Bridge frames by the birches.
 The Bridge on its own.
 Looking up at the tower.
 Crossing the Bridge.
 My friend's car has a sun roof, so I was able to get shots looking up at the Bridge.
 If we'd been here a couple hours sooner, there would have been the Algosteel in this picture.
 A shot of the other tower.
 Ahhh....being followed by a Bridge.
And welcome to the Upper Peninsula.

No comments: