Monday, December 9, 2013

A Surprise Visitor

It's very rare that I get to see ships on back to back days.  In fact, I don't think I've ever done it.  Sometimes it may be weeks before I get to see a ship again.
 But that wasn't the case this weekend.  If you will recall, I got to see the Paul R. Tregurtha as she was passing by Detroit on her way to the Monroe Power Plant.
 This time I get to see her on her way back.
 And I don't care because she is always an impressive sight.  Made even more impressive by how much her cargo can accomplish.
 She is still the Queen of the Lakes and will likely retain that title until she is retired.
 It is still amazing that ships of this size can ply the lakes.
 She head off.
 Then I caught her again at St Clair.  This time the light was just about perfect for me.  It is very rare that I catch ships in the Golden Light.
 But it looks pretty cool.
 The water was almost calm enough to show her reflections.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And her stacks.
 She slowly heads up the River towards Port Huron and points beyond.
 One more shot of that.
 I then headed up the river a little further to catch her in Port Huron.  I think the light was a little cooler here, especially as the sun was setting.
 I love the gold near her bow.
 I really love the gold all along her hull.
 She slowly makes her way up the River.
 A little hint of pink her pilothouse.
 And then I went to my spot by the Blue Water Bridge to catch her one more time.
 I love catching ships under the Blue Water Bridge.  I have a couple of other shots but I may have to do a little tweaking to those.
 One more shot of her under the Bridge.
 A shot of her pilothouse.  You can see the lights along the time.
One more shot of her.  Normally, I would call it a day at this point but there is one more ship.

1 comment:

Christopher List said...

I like your spot at the Blue Water Bridge. I may have to check it out.