Saturday, December 28, 2013

Next Up...the Cuyahoga

Next up is the Cuyahoga.  She is another classic laker.
 It's not often when I get to see three classic lakers in one day, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity today.  The Cuyahoga is about as classic as they come.
 I caught her at St. Clair first.  This is a closeup of her pilothouse.
 One of the ship views that I like.
 A shot of her profile.
 A couple of her crewman.  It was actually a pretty nice day today but I couldn't imagine being out on deck during some of the days of the previous weeks.  It has been pretty cold.
 Another shot of her stern.
 After shooting the Alpena, I headed over to the Rocky Beach to catch her as she was coming off of Lake St. Clair.  This is one of my favorite spots and I timed it right to get the golden light.
 She looks a little rough for wear but not as bad as some ships.
 I love the way the sun is reflecting off her pilothouse.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 Another profile shot.
 She moves down the river.
 A shot of her against the ice.
One more shot before she moved out of view.

No comments: