Sunday, December 22, 2013

University of Michigan Museum of Art

My last stop of the day was the University of Michigan Museum of Art.  It has been a while since I've been inside there.  In fact, it may have even been before they renovated it.  I know I haven't been there since I started this blog but I've been meaning to.  Yesterday provided that opportunity.
 The museum itself is housed in a pretty nice building.  It's been on this blog before, so I'm not going to go into much detail about it.  It is called Alumni Hall though.
 The inside looks really nice and it has a pretty impressive collection for its size.
 While I'm an art fan, I'm not about to go thorugh what each of the pictures are, so just enjoy them for what they are.
 This was an English artist, I believe.
 As was this.
 This clock was made in pre-Revolutionary France.  It gives you a glimpse of the excess that led to the Revolution.
 This was found in a church somewhere.
 I'm not sure where this statue was made, but I like the little demon looking dude between them.

 This was a plate from some European house.
 As was this.
 This was in a church, I think.
 I really liked the inricate details of this one.
 A statue of George Washington.
 I kind of liked this statue.
 Same with this one.
 This was Tiffany Chandalier.
 I believe this was a Tiffany tile piece somewhere.
 This is a Monet.
 This was an American scenic.
 They had a room that housed stuff that didn't really fit elsewhere.
 Yes, that's Lincoln to the left.
 Some Buddhist pieces.
 Looking down at the gallery.
One more painting.

As I said in the last post, this is one of the reasons why it's nice to live next to a University town.  I don't think we'd have a museum like this nearby otherwise.

No comments: