Friday, June 5, 2015

An Evening With the Peonies

Once again I decided to head over to the Arboretum to get pictures of the peonies.  However, I decided that I was going to stay there tonight regardless of the size of the crowd.  I'm glad that I did because I have a feeling that they aren't going to be around much longer.
 I saw this flower as I was entering the peony garden but I'm not sure what kind of flower it is.  At any rate, I liked the looks of it.
 It seems that most of the flowers I saw tonight were either white or shades of pink.  Some in the case of this flower had shades of both.
 A white one with a reddish interior.
 I was also trying some different angles tonight.  Trying to get different views of the flowers.  it was kind of tough though.
 A more reddish looking flower.
 I was also trying to get some groupings when possible.
 I think I like the ones that are open like this the most but I also think these are the ones that are going to go next.
 It is still amazing how many different shapes there are.
 Another side shot.
 And another.
 I didn't realize that this one had stripes of white passing through it.
 That same flower from the side.
 I also like these ones because they look like there is some kind of creature in the middle.
 A fully open one.
 Another grouping of peonies.
 And another open one.
 One with a little yellow in it.
 another opened one.
 A trio of flowers.
 I really like this one.
 Another closeup.
An attempt at an overall shot but as you can see, there were several people there.

1 comment:

Kevin Hammer said...

Good photos!

If you are driving on the Ohio Turnpike sometime, there are 2 nice public gardens that are just a few miles off the turnpike:

Schedel Garden in Elmore, Ohio, east of Toledo
http://www.schedel-gardens.org

Schoepfle Garden in Birmingham, Ohio, east of Sandusky
http://metroparks.cc/schoepfle_garden.php