Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Lovely Kaye E. Barker at Dusk

The Kaye E. Barker was working her way upbound as the Clarke was working her way downbound.  I'm glad that my waffling didn't lead me to stay at home tonight.
 The Kaye E. Barker was heading up from the Rouge Steel Plant.  I believe she is heading back to Marquette where she will pick up more taconite and repeat the process.  If I were to venture a guess, I would say she is probably the most frequent visitor to the Detroit area.
 At anyrate, the light was just about right to get some of that golden effect.
 but it was also a little clouded over.
 Another three quarters view.
 The Almost beam shot.
 It was starting to cloud over again.
 Next, I headed up to Marysville.  The park there is a pretty nice place to catch ships.
 She gets closer.

 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And her deckhouse.
 And she continues on her merry way.
 It was getting dark but I figured it wasn't too dark to get some dusk shots of her.  I really like the reds, purples and grays in the sky.
 Makes for a pretty good backdrop for a ship.
 But then again, so does the Blue Water Bridge.
 A fuller shot of the Bridge.
 There were some places where the sun was peaking through.
 It made for a really nice backdrop, especially with the ship's lights on.
 She continues on her way up Lake Huron.
 I'm not sure if I like this shot...
...or this shot.

Either way, I'm happy with both.

No comments: