Sunday, June 7, 2015

Finally Caught My White Whale

It's amazing that there are ships that I haven't caught especially ships that have been around a while.
 The ship in question is the English River which is owned by Lafarge Canada and is managed by the Canada Steamship Lines.  Normally she makes runs around ports on Lake Ontario.
 She will occasionally make runs to Cleveland but it seems like that only happens during the week.  I was happy to see that she was docked in Cleveland.  I thought maybe she would start moving yesterday but that wasn't the case.  I did see she was at the dock where I caught the Alpena, so I headed over there.
 Like many older Canadian vessels, she was built in Collingwood, Ontario.  In 1974, she was converted to her current configuration in 1974.
 A shot of her stern.
 Framed by the Bridge.
 A shot of her stack.
After looking around, I found a spot where I could get a shot of her front.  I was hoping that I would be able to catch her as she was leaving but I found out that wasn't going to be until later in the evening.   One of these days I will catch her properly.

No comments: