Wednesday, June 24, 2015

An Old Engine

I'm heading up to Sault Ste Marie tomorrow for Engineer's Day on Friday.  I was actually thinking about leaving today, so I took today off as well.  As I looked at Marine Traffic, ship traffic on the river looked pretty light, coupling that with the fact that I will be seeing plenty of ships in the next few days,  I decided to head down to Deshler for trains.
 There are a couple of ways that I can take to Deshler.  One is I-75 to Ohio Route 18 west.  I have a feeling that is a longer route.  The GPS will take me to Ohio Route 295 and then through a bunch of rural roads until I get to Deshler.  There is a spot where you can see the above engine.
 It is an old Switcher unit painted in Chesapeake and Ohio colors.  It is currently owned by the Toledo-Lake Erie and Western Railroad which I believe is an excursion railroad.  Judging by the tracks around these engines, I'd say that they are not currently running.
Judging by the condition of this engine, they may be running again at some point.  I will have to look that up.

No comments: