Monday, June 15, 2015

And Then There Was the Alpena

It wasn't too long before the Alpena appeared.   In fact, I was still taking pictures of the Tecumseh when I saw her peak around the paper plant.
There are a few ships I like to catch as much as possible and the Alpena is one of them.
 She is classic configured laker and will hopefully be sticking around for a while as she fills a niche.
 I was setup fairly well for the headshot.
 But not quite.  That's okay because I like of like the off angle shots, they fill the frame a little better.
 She starts to make her turn for the channel.
 It seemed like she was smoking a little more than usual but that may in fact be steam.
 She passes the Blue Water Bridge.
 And turns up the channel.
I think she was heading from the city she is named after to Detroit.  After Detroit, she may have been continuing on to Toledo.  She was of course carrying cement.

No comments: