Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Charlie Batch Action Figure

Anyone who has followed this blog for any length of time, knows that I collect action figures.  I have various Star Wars figures, military figures and a few sports figures.  One of my favorite sports figures is one I have of Charlie Batch.  Actually, Charlie Batch is one of my favorite players (well now retired).
 Charlie Batch was a quarterback at Eastern Michigan University in the mid-1990's.  He had a pretty impressive career there and owns many of Eastern's quarterback records.  I was happy to find this figure because it's not often that you see an action figure in Eastern regalia.
 He ended up getting drafted by the Detroit Lions in 1998.  He would play there for four season and he had a moderately successful career there.  I think if he had a better line, he would have had a much better career there. 
 In 2001, he was picked up the Pittsburgh Steelers where he served as a backup quarterback.  He wasn't a bad backup.
 Overall his NFL career was pretty lackluster but he had a pretty long one.
 Currently, he runs the Charlie Batch Foundation and helps out with charity work.  He seems like a pretty decent guy.
I think he also does broadcasts for the Steelers network.

No comments: