Sunday, February 28, 2016

Watching the Trains Go By

It was a pretty nice day, so I decided to head to Ohio to do some trainwatching.
 First  I headed down to Bellevue.  When I arrived there was a train rounding one of the curves and a train was leaving the area.    It wasn't too long before this group of engines appeared.  The one is front is a high hood style.
 It was actually pretty busy as it wasn't too long for this train to appear.
 As it heads towards the eat.
 I saw this train on the way into town. 
 A nice headshot.
 And the train winds it way through the track.
 Then I decided to head over to Fostoria.  This train was waiting there.  I guess there was a problem with the switch and it took them a while to figure it out.
 That gave me the opportunity to get different angles of the train.
 I kind of like the lines in this one.
 I kind of wanted to give the overall view.
 another angle.
 The light was hitting it just right.
 A shot of the cab.
 And then it started to move.  At this point the sun was starting to set and as much as I wanted to stay in Fostoria, I wanted to try and find a place near Toledo.
 As I was leaving Fostoria, I was tempted to turn around because I saw three trains stacked up.  I kind of liked the looks of this one, so I stopped.
This was about as close as I was going to get to a headshot.

1 comment:

Kevin Hammer said...

In your last 2 photos, I think those are old telegraph poles along the track. I didn't know there were still some in the area.