Monday, September 11, 2017

A Helping Hand from the Queen

So on Friday night I decided to head over to Metro Airport to do some planespotting.  I was hoping to catch the Royal Jordanian 787. 
 The winds were coming in from the south, so I decided to head over to the parking deck.  It has been a while since I've taken pictures from up there.  First up was a 717 that was arriving from Manchester, New Hampshire.
 This was kind of nice because it was two of my favorite planes in the same picture.
 A CRJ-900 arriving from Pittsburgh.  One of the things that I like about shooting from the parking deck is that I can catch planes while they are landing.  Occasionally, I will get a little smoke from the tires.
 The plane in the front is an MD-88 that is taxiing for takeoff to Madison.  The plane in the back is the 717 from Pittsburgh.
 This Airbus 320 was arriving from LaGuardia.
 The plane I was interested in catching was the 787 from Amman, Jordan.
 A CJR-200 getting ready to take off for Toronto.
 A Boeing 717 coming in for a landing after arriving from Rochester, NY.
 A 737 coming in for a landing after arriving from Newark.
 The same plane taxiing towards the gate.
 A CRJ-700 arriving from Syracuse.
 This Southwest 737 was getting ready to take off for Nashville.
 A CRJ-700 arriving from Elmira.
 This JetBlue A320 was coming in from Boston.
 I think this 757 was arriving from Atlanta.
 Another CRJ.
 An Embrear 175.
 This particular MD-88 was coming in from Baltimore.
 Another 757 that I think was arriving from Orlando ahead of the storm.
 An Airbus 319 arriving from Boston.
 The next plane was kind of special.
 I think Delta is the last domestic airline that is operating the 747 and they needed extra capacity to get people out of Florida ahead of Hurricane Irma.
 This was the first of three 747 flights to arrive at DTW from Orlando.  The other two were on Saturday but I couldn't catch either of them.
I was hoping this plane would arrive on the other runway but this will do for a shot.

At any rate, I think this was kind of neat.

No comments: