Saturday, September 23, 2017

Chasing Zee Germans

After what amounted to be a pretty full day on Saturday, I decided that I didn't really want to do much on Sunday.  That generally means one of two things, a stop to catch the Wolverine or a trip to the airport.  I decided that I wanted to catch the Lufthansa 747, so a trip to the airport was in order.
 I kind of waffled a bit about going to the airport though but I did get there in time to catch the Lufthansa 747 that was arriving from Frankfurt. 
 I don't like going there for just one plane though, so I stuck around for a little bit.  Next up was a CRJ-700 that was operated by GoJet.  They use the call sign of "Lindbergh".
 One thing I like about the early afternoon at Detroit Metro is the chance to catch some of the heavies.  This particular A330 was arriving from Amsterdam.
 The MD-88 is almost a throwback aircraft.  Many of them were built before the creation of what is known as the "glass cockpit" and if you look at their cockpit, you might get lost in all of the gauges and dials.  They still have the little windows above the cockpit in case the crew has to use celestial navigation.  This particular one was coming from Windsor Locks.
 Another GoJet CRJ-700.  This particular one was coming in from Elmira, New York.
 A CRJ-100 arriving from Knoxville, TN.
 This Airbus A320 was arriving from LaGuardia.
 Another Airbus A320 arriving from Boston.
 A 737 (not that Southwest flies anything else) arriving from Atlanta.
 A Republic E175 arriving at Metro Airport from Newark.
A Spirit Airbus A321 arriving from Philadelphia.  Spirit was in the news recently because one of their planes was shedding parts.
 Another Southwest plane, but this one was arriving from Baltimore.
And we end the day with an MD-88 that was arriving from Atlanta.

And what I thought was going to be an uneventful afternoon didn't work out that way for me.  Before going to the airport, I went to the grocery store to do some shopping for dinner.  When I got back to the apartment, the neighbor lady told me that I might have run over a kitten.  It made me sad because the dead kitten looked like my Chessie.
As I was coming home from the airport, my mom called me and told me that there was a cat under her car.  I told her I would try to get it out when I got home.  Well, as I pulled into my spot, another neighbor was trying to coax some kittens out from under my mom's car.  I went inside and grabbed a broom and started to fish out the kittens.
As I was pulling out the last kitten, the mother cat stopped by and expressed her displeasure at me for doing this.  She started to claw at me but I managed to get the third kitten.  I took the kittens to the Humane Society and then asked them what I should do with the dead kitten.  They told me to bring it there and they'll take care of it.
While I feel bad about the dead kitten, I'm glad that I was able to help three other kittens hopefully find a good home.  They didn't look like they were doing too well.

No comments: